Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Best Music of 2010

It's that time of year again when we make lists that only really have personal meaning, but can probably be enjoyed by others!

Best Artist From Last Year That I Still Listen To: Darwin Deez

Best "Hey, Remember How I Said To Watch This Band in 2010? Nailed It!" Album: "Treats" by Sleigh Bells

Best Album To Fulfill Both Your Rockin' and Reflective Needs: "Lisbon" by the Walkmen.

Best Album to Play Whenever You Have Company: LP4 by Ratatat

Best Song for Driving: "Daisy" by Fang Island

Best and Only Rap Album I've Ever Purchased: "My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy" by Kanye West.

Best Future Wife For David Kantrowitz: Any and all ladies from Ra Ra Riot. Yes, polygamy is an option here.

Album That I Like A Lot, But Don't Own, And Therefore Can't Really Praise Much Beyond That: "Brothers" by the Black Keys

I Guess I Like Bands With The Word "Club" In Their Name: Two Door Cinema Club and Bombay Bicycle Club have been on heavy replay for a while now.

Album I Overdosed On And Now Won't Go Near: "Odd Blood" by Yeasayer.

Best Music Review I Wrote All Year: "No F*cking Around" by Rafter

Best "Wow, I Really Thought That Album Was From Last Year" Album: "Astro Coast" by Surfer Blood

Best Artist That I'll Finally Admit I Listen To: Childish Gambino

Album of the Year: "Gorilla Manner" by Local Natives

Song of the Year: "Double Rainbow Song" by Schmoyoho/Auto-Tune The News

On last year's list, I mentioned that I'd like to hear the Harlem Shakes at the stroke of midnight on New Year's Eve. This year, there's not really a clear choice, but the general "go for it!" vibe that Two Door Cinema Club exudes on several tracks might be a good place to start.


No comments:

Post a Comment