Wednesday, April 14, 2010

RAC Remix: "Home" - Edward Sharpe and the Magnetic Zeros

Every now and then a song comes along that only crazy people dislike. "Home" by Edward Sharpe and the Magnetic Zeros is one of those songs.
Unfortunately, sometimes such good songs get played way too much, so remixes are a welcome reinterpretation of a current favorite. In my opinion RAC delivers just that, download it here.


When I first started exploring the world of remixes, I realized that a lot of the tracks I truly enjoyed were by someone or something called RAC. Eventually I stumbled upon their website, and found it stood for Remix Artist Collective. After reading up on their philosophy, I started to understand why their stuff always appeals to me:
We aim to maintain a style of remixing that strays from the "club mix" archetype, creating new incarnations of songs that stem from the original structure, but expand on their genre and musical arrangement.

No comments:

Post a Comment