Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Yogi Bear Movie

Yogi Bear: The Movie is coming! You didn't ask for it, but you're getting it!

Right now, it's looking like Dan Aykroyd will voice Yogi, and Justin Timberlake will voice Boo Boo. No, you don't have to reread. I really wrote "Justin Timberlake."

I wish I could say something like "why can't they leave Yogi untainted, the way he's always been?" Sadly, he's been in cheesy films before: the Yogi Bear musical (Hey There Yogi Bear) is pretty unwatchable, especially whenever Yogi sings like James Darren.

What really worries me about this impending film is the live action/CG combo, a la Alvin and the Chipmunks (no disrespect, Danny) or Garfield. I fear they'll go for a pseudo-realistic-looking bear with a green neck tie. You know, something like this:


But seriously folks. Check out the awesome image bellow, the sculpted Yogi from an old View-Master. It exists in all three dimensions, but doesn't lose any of the original cartoony appeal. I'd be down with a movie that looked like that.


Never gonna happen.

For more vintage cartoon 3D View-Master shots, check out this blog.

Yogi info via CartoonBrew.

No comments:

Post a Comment