Sunday, September 13, 2009

This Week's Guilty Pleasures

1.  Soulless Music

Today's specimen:

Jejune lyrics, heavy synth, and it's MSTRKRFT. This is not "Un bel di" from Madame Butterfly; you won't listen to this song and experience any emotionally induced heart palpitations. But you will unconsciously sing the line, "Remember when you caught my eye? You gave me rainbows and butterflies" all day until you want to seppuku.

2. Genki Crepe

Ice cream. Strawberries. Whipped Cream. Nutella. Cheesecake. Weight Gain. Arterial Plaque. Premature Death. Devastated Family. Wasted Potential.

3. Drunk Self-Portraits Taken On Your Computer At 3AM Wherein You Pretend To Be Both Coy And Dubious.

Tuesday's specimen:











4. Time Eating Websites

Sorry friends, I can't hang out with you tonight because I need to spend more time on my writing AKA look at shit like this for an hour:

Aesthetically Awesome But Emotionally Vapid Music videos on Vimeo. I should probably just file this into the Soulless Music category.

This week's specimen:

Major Lazer "Pon De Floor" from Eric Wareheim on Vimeo.

Directed by Eric of Tim and Eric Awesome Show, Great Job! Need I elaborate?  

I really want to send this to my old Women's Studies professor and get her reaction. I'd also like to discuss why the yellow-mohawked guy in the video uses the moniker "Domestic Violence." Just call me Domestic Violence. For real sir?

Also, these things are distracting me:

Everything Is Terrible

Zach Galifianakis

I want to see more of the world why aren't I traveling I should get on a plane right now and just go I could do anything I'm young white and over twenty-one the possibilities are endless kind of overwhelming actually I think I'll just make some lavender chamomile tea and call it a fucking night

That's all for this week.

2 comments:

  1. I don't like that Major Lazer video one bit.
    Okay, maybe ONE bit.

    ReplyDelete