Tuesday, July 28, 2009

This 3D Trend

I don't know about this 3D trend. The 3D glasses make everything darker and it hurts my eyes. But if I opt out and see the film in 2D I feel like I'm missing out on something important to the film. But then I see the 3D and remember that it's not important at all. Not at all. And it's like every movie now. The Tron movie, Harry Potter, I dare you to put out an animated film that's in two dimensions. And the bottom line is there's yet to be a film that's used the gimmick of 3D in a fun and clever way. You know, in that Honey I Shrunk the Audience style in-your-face, this is 3D mother fucker, kind of 3D.

I wanted this to be short. Get it off my chest. But now I'm upset.

1 comment:

  1. I once heard someone make an analogy to explain why 3D will never take off: Imagine that if in the early days of talkies, the only way to hear the sound was if each audience member had to put on a pair of headphones. It would totally take away from the communal experience of going out to the theater. I hope he's right; what they're doing with 3D now is generally unnecessary and unexciting.

    ReplyDelete