Wednesday, May 27, 2009

We Love You So


I'm surprised I have yet to post about how pumped I am for Spike Jonze's film adaptation of Where the Wild Things Are.  I'm very pumped.  I grew up on this book and loved it so much the pages were falling out.  So when I heard about the film I was pretty skeptical, but the trailer completely put me at ease.  And by "put me at ease" I mean "moved me deeply."  But I'll bet you knew that would happen when you remixed images from my childhood with Arcade Fire, didn't you Mr. Jonze?
Luckily, as I wait for the film's release in October, I can get my fill of all Things Wild over at Spike Jonze's blog We Love You So.   Aside from interesting posts about the music, art, and films that influenced the production, I also enjoy the chronicling of various reincarnations of Wild Thing characters.  The above photo is from an opera adaptation (premiered during the 80's), the bottom is a mural on Melrose in LA.  And as an Angelino, Jonze likes to post about screening and events going on in LA that I'm always bummed I've missed.  Guess I'll need to check the blog regularly...

No comments:

Post a Comment